Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oh hello, personal travel blog!


A few days ago, I flew from Toronto to Kigali, Rwanda, embarking on a seven week adventure to teach an undergraduate business course at The School of Finance and Banking, and explore East Africa.

My parents were both born in Uganda, and spent the first decade of their lives there. Needless to say, this is a big trip for me. It's about learning about the place where my parents spent their childhood, about developing my cross-cultural awareness, and enhancing my teaching and research skills! It's quite exciting to be here, and I'd like to remember it for years to come! In order to do so, and share my adventures with my parents, who haven't been back in 41 years, I'm taking my journal online.

The first two days' posts were initially posted on our school's blog, but have been copied here for continuity's sake. If you happen to be reading this blog, I hope you enjoy this lengthy documentation of my Adventures in Africa! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment